But as for me, I will always have hope...Psalm 71:14

Friday, June 1, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY!


I was going to publish my melon salad recipe, but it needs more tweaking. 
Instead, I'll share my "fried" green tomatoes.  They turned out great!


"FRIED" GREEN TOMATOES

  • Slice one green tomato thinly.  
  • Dip into a mixture of milk (skim, soy, coconut, soy) and 1/4 cup lemon juice.
  • Dredge in a mixture of 1/2 cup cornmeal, 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs, salt and pepper.
  • Place on a cookie sheet that has been fitted with a wire rack ( the kind used to cool cookies) and bake at 400 degrees for twenty minutes, turning once.  
** Helpful hint:  spray the breaded tomatoes with olive oil spray.  this will help the crust brown.






Serve with sriracha mayo
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 T sriracha
  • 1 t lemon juice
**Helpful Hint:  Sriracha is very hot.  Adjust the amount used to taste, or use Crystal Hot Sauce in place of the sriracha.  



Oven "Fried" Green Tomatoes with Sriracha Mayo






Life is short!  Pray hard!
Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked.  Psalm 37:16 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment