But as for me, I will always have hope...Psalm 71:14

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

So...how's it going?

Well, it's Day 3...and I have to say, it's going okay!  Sunday was a breeze!  Monday, not so much.  I hit the wall about noon.  Couldn't concentrate, couldn't keep my eyes open, couldn't even make a complete sentence without having to stop and think about what I was saying.  I had to break down and drink a small amount of the dreaded DC.  Within a few minutes, I was up and going.  I guess when you've had an addiction for 40 + years, you just can't walk away cold turkey.  But I won't give up. 

Today has been better.  I still had to drink a small amount of the poison around lunch time, but this morning I had a MAJOR victory.  I ran/walked 1.6 miles and then reset my tracking device to "walk" and walked another 1.5 miles.

                       I did a 5K this morning people! 

                                                       And I did it in 56 minutes!  


One step at a time
Don't give up
I am worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment