But as for me, I will always have hope...Psalm 71:14

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Well, here we are again...

And this time, things are focused .  If you look at my former posts, you'll see a hodge podge of directions.  I decided to do this blog again for several reasons:


  1. I am driving my friends crazy on Facebook with my constant posting
  2. I like sharing what I am learning about living a Paleo lifestyle.
  3. I want to encourage others to find their path. 
and finally

    4.  I had a few friends ask to know more about what I am doing.  


So, here we go!  

The most important thing I can share with you is this.  You must be ready to do this.  I've tried every "healthy" diet program out there.  I gained weight, I felt tired all the time, I was a real bitch...  As you can see, they didn't work!  

 I was doing my "healthy" eating thing. I ate little meat ( if any), focused on fruits and veggies and whole grains, and peanut butter was a staple for a protein source.  By midday, I was foggy and at one point, after a lunch of two apples and a bunch of grapes, my co-workers thought I was having a stroke because my words were so slurred!  I even ran off the road three times one day going home at 3:00 in the afternoon because I couldn't keep my eyes open!  What was happening to me??? I had blood work done - I was perfectly healthy, including my hormones and cholesterol.  I walked every day at least one mile.  I was eating "right".  WHY was I so sleepy and irritable and WHY couldn't I lose weight and WHY were my asthma, allergies, arthritis and blood pressure such a problem?
I thought this was a great meal -Whole Wheat Pasta with fresh tomatoes, herbs, garlic and olives.
The PASTA was the culprit

Now I know.  My body couldn't possibly handle the amount of gluten and sugar I was loading into it, even if it was "healthy".  I was reacting as if I was a diabetic with too much insulin. 

So a couple of months ago, I decided to try a modified Paleo approach.  I started by following boards on Pinterest and learning the basics from there.  I found a few Facebook pages to follow as well.  The weight started to slowly come off.  I got excited people!! 

Two weeks ago I visited my local Books-a-Million and purchased my first copy of Paleo Magazine and I found the book I needed...Living Paleo for Dummies.  I read it cover to cover that day!  When I came to the chapter on the 30 Day Reset, my initial thought was, " No way.  I can't do this.  Give up my daily cocktail AND Diet Coke?  NO WAY!".  But I took several days to think it over, and while walking one day last week, I decided to try to run.  I RAN!  ( not a long way,mind you, but I RAN).  It was at that point, I knew that if I could make this old body move in a way it hadn't in years and years , I COULD DO THIS!  

So today, it has begun.  Last night, I poured the last of the 2 liter Diet Coke down the drain ( sniff sniff) and set my sights on a new day...Today.  One day at a time...One little victory at a time...
THIS is a healthy meal.  Free Range eggs with mushrooms, spinach, peppers, onions and bacon WITHOUT nitrates cooked in Coconut Oil!


I know there are going to be a lot of rough spots during the 30 days.  Headaches, grouchiness, aches and pains from my body releasing toxins.  But it will be worth it.  After being on a modified plan for these last few weeks, I'm already down 15 pounds and off my blood pressure meds!  I can move more freely and I've been able to dust off my yoga practice again after ten years of neglect.  

I will look for the positive, be honest about the negative and hope to inspire a few of you to join me!



No comments:

Post a Comment